Hackney Libraries release top 10 e-book loans as they increase their digital catalogue
Hackney’s e-book loans have shot up by 60% during the coronavirus lockdown as the borough’s book lovers satisfy their reading needs with a digital offering.
Hackney’s Library Service has now released the top ten most popular e-book downloads for the month.
The list features a wide range of best-selling classics, contemporary fiction, historical learning and self-help books from authors from around the world. Female writers dominate the list and feature both works from Sally Rooney – 2017’s Sunday Times Young Writer Of The Year (Conversations With Friends and Normal People – currently a popular BBC drama).
The most popular 10 titles are listed below and in order of popularity:
- Normal People – Sally Rooney
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone – J.K. Rowling
- The Testaments – Margaret Atwood
- Homes: A Refugee Story – Abu Bakr Al-Rabeeah
- Get your sh*t together: How to stop worrying about what you should do so you can finish what you need to do and start doing what you want to do – Sarah Knight
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind – Yuval Norah Harari
- Elena Oliphant is Completely Fine – Gail Honeyman
- The Foundling – Stacey Halls
- Conversations with Friends – Sally Rooney
- This is going to hurt: secret diaries of a junior doctor – Adam Kay
E-books are just one of the resources available in Hackney’s E-library which is open 24/7 and enjoying a surge in interest as people also download audiobooks, learning materials and access to newspapers and magazines from around the world.
Other measures to help library users during this time have seen the suspension of library fines with the return date for all items currently out on loan extended to 1 July 2020.