“I will show you how to make some of India’s popular and famous street food dishes based on recipes handed down to me, as well as my experiences travelling across India..” Sareta Puri, plant based chef and cookery teacher
The class will include:
- Learn how to make healthy versions of authentic Indian street food dishes & snacks including Chana Chaat, Pani Puri, Tandoori Cauliflower and Street Corn
- Learn to make a classic Indian dough used for Samosas, Chapatis and Parathas, and Coriander and Tamarind chutneys to go with them
- How to make classic Indian drinks such as Nimbu Pani and Mango Lassi
- An overview of the different styles of cooking across regions of India
- A delicious plant based lunch and take-home recipe pack
- 10% discount on the day in neighbouring wholefood shop, Food for All
Sareta Puri is a Scottish-Indian plant based chef who learned how to cook as a child from her chef father and has been mainly self-taught since. Sareta became a chef through hosting supper clubs and has expanded her repertoire to include street food, retreat catering and private catering, as well as recipe development and food writing. Sareta is passionate about creating positive experiences through food and teaches for a range of community-based organisations including Made in Hackney, Life After Hummus and People’s Kitchen.
Fee: £84 (£66 Concession**) includes a delicious plant based organic lunch.